Sports Authority - Unable to get anyone to speak to at Customer Service!

I have been trying for a week to get in touch with someone from customer service. I have waited for up to 20 minutes on hold many times. I have left messages, more times than I can count. I've been to the Plymouth, MA STORE to try to resolve my issue. I spent an hour in the store, listening to the cashier, Jen, tell me all her problems regarding daycare vouchers, horrible boyfriend that she kicked out, 2 kids by 2 different men, etc. all the while, 'Chris' was in the back office, trying to look up my transaction on 11/29/13. He found me 'hiding' in the golf section. He could not find any record of it, even though I showed him my bank account with the 179.25 withdrawal from the Plymouth store.

Is this typical when trying to get a duplicate receipt?

More Review Details

Product or service
Bad Customer Service
Review category
Review rating
3 out of 5
review #468185

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sports Authority? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 17, 2014 #774828 Portland, Oregon

I agree with this customer's experience. I have been on hold for the last 45 minutes. Sports Authority should either have more customer service employees or have their stores know how to handle the majority of problems.
I am so disappointment with Sports Authority. This is 2014 - they should be more efficient than this.
I will no longer shop at Sports Authority.

0 0 Reply

Jan 03, 2014 #767902

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you didn't receive the level of customer service you deserve. Please contact us at so that we can help resolve this for you! Please be sure to include the store location as well as your contact information.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.