Sports Authority - Simple Review #1468947235

4.7
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I can honestly say i never had an issue with this location, awesome customer service and i love how we can pick up our 5k packets im advance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I never really liked shopping at Sports Authority

I called the store in Brentwood, Missouri and told the associate that I was checking to see if they had a Nike women's item in stock. After 5 minutes on "hold" I decided to get in my car and go to the store while still on "hold".

When I walked into the store there were three associates at the cash registers with not one single customer in line. I glanced at the their business phone and saw one line flashing. Obviously it was me (still) on "hold". I asked for a store manager and showed the manager my phone which displayed my being on "hold" for almost 20 minutes.

I asked him if this was acceptable and he stated that they must have been too busy at the register.

No apology, nothing but excuses. I am very glad that Sports Authority is going out of business.

Sports Authority - Simple Review #1463993126

IT IS NO WONDER WHY SPORTS AUTHORITY IN CORAL SPRINGS, FL. iS CLOSING.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

THE SALESPEOPLE ARE HELPFUL. IT'S A SHAME CUSTOMER SERVICE HAD SUCH A BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS CUSTOMERS, WHICH LEAD TO THE STORE PROBLEMS.

Resolved: Sports Authority - HORRIBLE COMPANY

Resolved

So, I ordered a North Face coat from Sports Authority. I waited two weeks, and the coat still did not ship out.

FINALLY, it shipped out and I was actually relieved. That ended quickly, when after A MONTH AND A HALF I still had not received my coat!!! And you know, coats are kind of important in midwest winters! I called customer service literally over 15 times and got NO WHERE.

They are just a bunch of people who have no clue what they are doing. They kept putting re-shipments in, but of course I still NEVER received my coat! So now, 2 months after I originally ordered my coat, I am left without a coat and without a refund! And now my coat is completely sold out in my size so I can no longer get it!

Long story short, Sports Authority has the absolute WORST customer service I have ever dealt with.

I spoke with a manager and best they could do is give me the 20% discount that the site is offering! NEVER ORDER FROM SPORTS AUTHORITY!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Kept getting different answers.

Sports Authority - Simple Review #1426001401

I bought a ball, in nov, 2014, they insist me to buy warranty, I got it , yesterday need it to exchange that ball, bad actitud,& he even say, that they didn't care about a customer thats what make me so mad. Store695 chandler az.

Sports Authority - Reward Card

After purchasing two large items from Sports Authority; elliptical and bicycle, two reward cards were mailed to my home. These cards were mailed separately (within two to three weeks of each other).

When attempting to use the second reward card which was mailed to my home, the cashier stated it could not be used as it was previously obtained. Completely confused since I had the card in my possession how was it possible that I ‘used’ it? The cashier had no idea how to handle the situation and asked assistance from the manager who looked like she couldn’t be bothered. She rudely told me I had to call customer service, which already in the store, wasting over a half hour of my time, I told her “No, you can call”.

The individual on the phone, Lauren, was absolutely ridiculous. She explained that “sometimes” duplicate rewards are issued and “Unfortunately the amount could not be obtained’ over and over again. Please tell me how this makes sense? Why would a company send out multiple reward cards if it can only be used once?

If you send me two cards, I am going to use those two cards. The reward amount was a lousy $26 dollars, but why not use it if you have it. Lauren was no help and supposedly the manager Katie was on her lunch break. I asked if there was any other manager and she said “No”.

It seems really impossible that a large business as Sports Authority only has one manager in office. When calling later that day, I was told by another representative (Sean) that the manager had left for the day. Seems to me there is no manager and they are basically giving you the run around in hopes of you giving up. I have emailed my concern to many email addresses found online and have received no response.

It is extremely frustrating after spending hundreds of dollars on an elliptical and bicycle, to which they pretend to have a ‘reward system’ that you are unable to obtain. I would have rather received no ‘reward card’, which would have saved my sanity and time wasted at the store and on the telephone with their customer service.

Bottom line: I will never shop in Sports Authority again and I hope that you do not either.

This place is overpriced with employees who are poorly trained with upper management which cannot make decisions. Hopefully I will receive a response and will continue to leave my complaint on every single ‘Complaint Website’ I can find.

Comments

Alief, Texas, United States #780921

If you know that you earn "5% back" on all your purchases over a 3 month period wouldn't you realize that you didn't earn enough for that much money back? They send it through mail and email because some people only check their mail, and some only check their email, and they want to make sure everyone sees theirs.

Wouldn't you be mad if they only sent it to your email and you didn't see the email in time and it expired?

You were able to use what you earn so stop trying to cheat people out of money, because when a store overrides a price for everyone the only people it hurts is the people making $7 an hour. You may get to save $26 but the workers become unable to pay for things like their college education...the owners and corporate employees aren't hurt at all.