Sports Authority - Do NOT buy via online from them

Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

They did not send me an item and in turn I called to ask about it. The response I was given is "the process to do anything about this is gone". The mgt was fired first and they will not assist in the least. Essentially, they receive many calls about no items or missing items arriving or not arriving. They will do nothing about this and occurs often now that they are done, so to speak.

You are rolling the dice if you order anything from them at this point. There is no recourse so; you mine as well go to the store.

Good luck and I hope you don't get your money stolen like I did!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Stole my money.

Sports Authority - Lieing ***

today i received a email from sports authority for 20% entire stock and free shipping with a 39.00 minimum i wanted a power lifting belt for 99 with the 20% discount came out to 79.00 when i went to check out it charged me the tax online witch was the original shipping cost 6.99 making the total purchase 86.00 what happened to the 20 percent discount and free shipping this morning i chated with a online custumer service and he said the price was 79.00. well i wont even buy a shoe lace from sports athority ,lieing ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Shipping Service.

Reason of review: not as advirtised.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: False advertisment.

Sports Authority - Staff lack of knowledge

On Cyber Monday I browsed Sportsauthority.com website and decided it was the best deal to buy my 3 kids bikes for Christmas. Before spending time picking out bikes, I went to the shipping policies page and made sure that they would be able to ship to Hawaii and according to polices it stated it can but there may be a shipping fee which I was fine with.

I then spent an hour researching the different bikes and chose 3 diamondback brand bikes. I went to checkout of my cart and got a shipping restriction error. I then called customer service and the man I spoke with was completely unhelpful and basically spent an hour on the phone while he tried to place the same order on his end after I told him the shipping restriction error and just wanted to find out if could ship here. He was confident it would so after he couldn't place order he said it was just because one of the bikes wouldn't ship here but the other 2 would so I spent time finding another bike ti replace that one and then proceeded to checkout and got that error again.

I finally spoke with a supervisor who said it was not the shipping but the website was having an error and I have should no problem the next day. I asked her to have someone reach me if it still wouldn't work and she said she would have a daytime staff call me in 24-48 hours. No one called and still couldn't checkout my cart the next day. I then sent a follow up email a few days later since no one called and got a generic reply that did nothing to hep my situation, I then called again and went through the same thing all over again being told it should have no problem shipping and of course I still couldnt get it to exit my cart so asked to speak to a manager and got then told it was just the diamond back brands that dont ship here and I should try a different brand.So I then spent time finding 3 differnt brands and got that error so called to ask is it just that bikes dont ship to hawaii at all, I just want a straight answer so I dont waste anymore time.

They kept saying it does ship and maybe I should call my local store and order through them. So I then called my store and now the cyber sale has passed so no discount and the store charges $90 a bike. Bottom line is that I kept getting lead on that bikes can ship to hawaii when in fact they dont and it seems none of the staff there knows that and the website doesn't state that either.

It has been very frustrating to lose hours of my time and miss the cyber sale window- I will avoid sports authority and make sure my friends here know that ordering to Hawaii is not an option. Very poor customer service resolution.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Kept getting different answers.

Sports Authority mailed the wrong item, I never recieved the right item.

1.5

The main customer service center said it would take 3 weeks for me to get my money back so I decided to wait for them to ship me the correct order. Two weeks later it never happened.

So I called back and they said it would be sent to me but that never happened. They then claimed that they would have to cancel my order before they processed my refund. How do they cancel an order that never was sent or was planning on being sent? So it will take almost 2 weeks to get my $300 back.

After they made multiple errors I had to force them to give me a coupon. The coupon they gave me was 15%, after I spent about 2 hours on the phone and waited over three weeks. I'm never shopping there again. I called a total of 6 times during the three weeks and politely asked for a discount.

All I wanted was $5-$10 and I offered to pay for overnight shipping.

This is how ridiculous big online retailers are. They couldn't be bothered for $5 on a $300+ order.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sports Authority Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.